Chair in aerospace science and technology
The University of Évora (Portugal) opens a call for applications to the post of Chair in “aerospace science and technology”. This position is for five years. Applications for the position will be assessed by a board of external experts.
The person appointed is expected to have an international reputation for research in Aerospace Science, Technology, in particular in aeronautics, space vehicles and related production technologies.He/she is required to pursue a research programme at the forefront of the subject, providing research leadership to colleagues working in this and similar fields: to play a major role in securing funding for research and in broadening the Chair’s research portfolio, seeking strategic initiatives and partnerships, and to contribute towards promoting postgraduate teaching and training of PhD students.
A suitable salary scale will be provided which includes an annual stipend equivalent to that of a full professor (65.309,58€ – 75.621,56€ gross salary). In addition to the salary, the position carries with it an additional package to support the research activities of the Chair.
Essential requirement for the post are:
- An experience track record in research and demonstrable ability to compete for independent external grant support;
- Evidence of leadership at an international level in the specific field;
- A strong commitment to fostering postgraduate training with personal expertise in oral and written communication skills.
Candidates with the required background and strong commitment are invited to apply by sending: (i) a motivation letter; (ii) a five years research proposal; iii) curriculum vitae; iv) indication of proficiency in the English / Portuguese language; v) two references. These are to be sent by first class mail and by e-mail to the address below no later than March 16, 2018
- Period for submissions: from February 15, 2018 to March 16, 2018;
- Assessment panel decision: from March 22, 2018 to April 5, 2018;
- Selected candidate homologation and announcement: April 27, 2018.
- Manuel Pereira dos Santos, Professor Catedrático da Escola de Ciências e Tecnologia da Universidade de Évora;
- Carlos Mota Soares, Professor Catedrático Jubilado do Instituto Superior Técnico da Universidade de Lisboa;
- José Rui Felizardo, CEO do “CEiiA – Centro de Engenharia e Inovação”;
- Luís Braga Campos, Professor Catedrático do Departamento de Engenharia Mecânica (Grupo de Engenharia Aeroespacial) do Instituto Superior Técnico da Universidade de Lisboa;
- Pedro Camanho, Professor Catedrático do Departamento de Engenharia Mecânica da Faculdade de Engenharia da Universidade do Porto;
- Timon Rabczuk, Professor Catedrático, Fakultät Bauingenieurwesen, Institut für Strukturmechanik, Univ. Weimar, Alemanha;
- Damián Rivas Rivas, Prof. Catedrático, Departamento Ingeniería Aeroespacial, Universidad de Sevilla;
- José Luis Montañés García, Profesor Catedrático, Departamento de Motopropulsión y Termofluidodinámica, Escuela Técnica Superior de Ingenieros Aeronáuticos, Universidad Politécnica de Madrid.
Universidade de Évora home website: http://www.uevora.pt